Education and training designed for tournament Professionals
The PGA Bridging Program is operated by the PGA Academy and is designed as a golf-specific educational opportunity for current or former tournament professionals. Subject to successful completion of course requirements, candidates will be eligible for Full Vocational Membership of the PGA of Australia.
All components of the Bridging Program are designed to be fully completed over twenty-four (24) months, with students having a maximum of eighteen (18) months to complete academic components.
Nationally Recognised Qualifications
Graduates of the PGA Bridging Program in 2020 are eligible to receive the following qualification, which is exclusively delivered by PGA International Golf Institute (RTO No. 31270 – Cricos 02754G)
10810NAT – Diploma of Golf Management
- Professional Golf Coach Accreditation endorsed by Sport Australia
- Full (Vocational) Membership of the PGA of Australia
- R&A Rules of Golf Level 1
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority Level 1 and Coaches Course
- Trackman Level 1 and 2
- Community Instructor Accreditation
- First Aid
- Child Protection
There are a number of compulsory components of the Bridging Program that contribute to the overall structure of the course:
- Training Schools – 3 schools (total of 11 days)
- Workplace placements – 600 hours in total – completed as 4 specific workplace placements:
- Coaching placement
- Game Development placement
- Small Business placement
- Management placement
- Training and Assessments items
*cost subject to change without notice.
Bridging Program Eligibility
A specific credit system (approved by the Board of the PGA) is in place to determine eligibility for entry/application into the PGA Bridging Program. Bridging Program applicants must obtain a minimum total of five (5) credits to be considered for entry into the program. Credits for Bridging Program are obtained as follows;
- 1 credit for each year an applicant retains Full Member (Tournament) of the PGA of Australia.
- 1 credit for each year an applicant retains full playing rights/membership of a recognised worldwide professional golf tour
For further information please read the PGA Bridging Program Information, Structure and Eligibility Criteria.